Log and visualize data without a W&B account
Are you publishing code that you want anyone to be able to run easily? Use Anonymous Mode to let someone run your code, see a W&B dashboard, and visualize results without needing to create a Weights & Biases account first.
Allow results to be logged in Anonymous Mode with
If someone runs your script and you have to set
- 1.Auto-create temporary account: W&B checks for an account that's already signed in. If there's no account, we automatically create a new anonymous account and save that API key for the session.
- 2.Log results quickly: The user can run and re-run the script, and automatically see results show up in the W&B dashboard UI. These unclaimed anonymous runs will be available for 7 days.
- 3.Claim data when it's useful: Once the user finds valuable results in W&B, they can easily click a button in the banner at the top of the page to save their run data to a real account. If they don't claim a run, it will be deleted after 7 days.
If you set
anonymous="allow"in your script, we will check to make sure there's not an existing account first, before creating an anonymous account. This means that if a W&B user finds your script and runs it, their results will be logged correctly to their account, just like a normal run.
- No persistent data: Runs are only saved for 7 days in an anonymous account. Users can claim anonymous run data by saving it to a real account.
- No artifact logging: Runs will print a warning on the command line that you can't log an artifact to an anonymous run.
- No profile or settings pages: Certain pages aren't available in the UI, because they're only useful for real accounts.
# Start a run allowing anonymous accounts
# Log results from your training loop
# Mark the run as finished