What is W&B?
Weights & Biases (W&B) is the AI developer platform, with tools for training models, fine-tuning models, and leveraging foundation models.
Set up W&B in 5 minutes, then quickly iterate on your machine learning pipeline with the confidence that your models and data are tracked and versioned in a reliable system of record.
This diagram outlines the relationship between W&B products.
W&B Models is a set of lightweight, interoperable tools for machine learning practitioners training and fine-tuning models.
- Experiments: Machine learning experiment tracking
- Model Registry: Manage production models centrally
- Launch: Scale and automate workloads
- Sweeps: Hyperparameter tuning and model optimization
W&B Prompts is for debugging and evaluating LLMs.
W&B Platform is a core set of powerful building blocks for tracking and visualizing data and models, and communicating results.
- Artifacts: Version assets and track lineage
- Tables: Visualize and query tabular data
- Reports: Document and collaborate on your discoveries
- Weave Query and create visualizations of your data
Are you a first-time user of W&B?
Start exploring W&B with these resources:
- Intro Notebook: Run quick sample code to track experiments in 5 minutes
- Quickstart: Read a quick overview of how and where to add W&B to your code
- Explore our Integrations guide and our W&B Easy Integration YouTube playlist for information on how to integrate W&B with your preferred machine learning framework.
- View the API Reference guide for technical specifications about the W&B Python Library, CLI, and Weave operations.
How does W&B work?
We recommend you read the following sections in this order if you are a first-time user of W&B:
- Learn about Runs, W&B's basic unit of computation.
- Create and track machine learning experiments with Experiments.
- Discover W&B's flexible and lightweight building block for dataset and model versioning with Artifacts.
- Automate hyperparameter search and explore the space of possible models with Sweeps.
- Manage the model lifecycle from training to production with Model Management.
- Visualize predictions across model versions with our Data Visualization guide.
- Organize W&B Runs, embed and automate visualizations, describe your findings, and share updates with collaborators with Reports.