W&B Server Hosting Options
There are three ways to deploy W&B Server:
- W&B managed Dedicated Cloud: A fully managed solution hosted and maintained by W&B on W&B Cloud
- Customer managed OnPrem Private Cloud: A self managed solution hosted and maintained by customer on their Private Cloud
- Customer managed OnPrem Bare Metal: A self managed solution hosted and maintained by customer on their Bare Metal infrastructure
Shared Responsibility Matrix
The following shared responsibility matrix outlines the respective responsibilities of W&B and the customer for each of the hosting options specified above.
Obtain your license
You need a W&B license to complete your configuration of a W&B server. Open the Deploy Manager to generate a free license.
If you do not already have a cloud W&B account then you will need to create one to generate your free license.
The URL will redirect you to a Get a License for W&B Local form. Provide the following information:
- Choose a deployment type from the Choose Platform step.
- Select the owner of the license or add a new organization in the Basic Information step.
- Provide a name for the instance in the Name of Instance field and optionally provide a description in the Description field in the Get a License step.
- Select the Generate License Key button.
A page with an overview of your deployment along with licenses associated to the instance will be displayed.
For information on how to set up your deployment type, see our How-to guides section.